The guest of honor, Sir James Fraser Stoddart, who has dedicated his life to Science and in part to synthesizing new advanced materials based on cyclodextrins gave a plenary lecture at the 20th International Cyclodextrin Symposium.
In 2016, he shared the Nobel Prize in Chemistry together with Ben Feringa and Jean-Pierre Sauvage for the design and synthesis of molecular machines. He has developed rotaxane and molecular shuttle.
Sir J.F. Stoddart was identified as one of the most-cited chemists. In June 2022 he had as much as 134683 citations (h index 178), 37270 since 2017 (Google Scholar, accessed on 20 June 2022) with 4 papers of over 2000 citations:
- Self‐assembly in natural and unnatural systems (Angew. Chemie , No. of citations: 2570)
- Artificial molecular machines (Angew. Chemie , No. of citations: 2473)
- Dynamic covalent chemistry (Angew. Chemie , No. of citations: 2328)
- Electronically configurable molecular-based logic gates (Science , No. of citations: 2173)
In his lecture he gave an overview on preparation of interlocked systems, stimuli-responsive molecular devices and molecular machines with CDs, (edible) metal organic frameworks, ecofriendly gold mining with CD and other important and interesting findings of his team.
- Odell, B.; Reddington, M.V.; Slawin, A.M.Z.; Spencer, N.; Stoddart, J.F.; Williams, D J. Cyclobis(paraquat-P-phenylene). A tetracationic multipurpose receptor. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 1988, 27(11), 1547–1550
- Philip, D.; Stoddart, J.F. Self‐assembly in natural and unnatural systems. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. Engl. 1996, 35 (11), 1154-1196
- Balzani, V.; Credi, A.; Raymo, F.M.; Stoddart, J.F. Artificial molecular machines. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2000, 39 (19), 3348-3391
- SJ Rowan, SJ Cantrill, GRL Cousins, JKM Sanders, JF Stoddart Dynamic covalent chemistry. Angewandte Chemie International Edition 41 (6), 898-952
- Collier, C.P.; Wong, E.W.; Belohradský, M.; Raymo, F.M.; Stoddart, J.F.; Kuekes, P.J. Electronically configurable molecular-based logic gates. Science 1999, 285 (5426), 391-394