Empowered by more than 80 years of recognized expertise in health and nutrition, Roquette has decided to offer its know-how to beauty through innovative, high performing, and plant-based materials for personal care. Three products contain cyclodextrin:
Beauté by Roquette® CD 100 Cyclodextrine is an ultrafine cyclodextrin powder with a controlled particle size distribution. As a dry shampoo it is a natural sebum absorber, as efficient as kaolin and more effective than talc. Scalp-safe and 100% plant-based, it has a selective absorption capacity that favors sebum over water so that high-performance dry shampoos won’t dehydrate skin or hair.
Beauté by Roquette® CD 102 Cyclodextrin is a molecular encapsulating agent that can be used to help solubilize sensitive ingredients such as lipophilic actives, and enhance their efficacy in cosmetics and perfume applications.
- Controls the release of the encapsulated actives to help fragrances last longer
- Reduces the volatility of the encapsulated molecules (long-lasting effect)
- Increases water solubility and the bioavailability of actives (encapsulated molecules)
- Protects from UV radiation (for suncare and fragrance applications)
- Increases stability to heat, UV, chemicals or oxidants of oils, dyes, vitamins and perfumes
- Excellent scrubbing agent, alternative to plastic microbeads
Beauté by Roquette® CD 110 Cyclodextrin contains 5% HPBCD as an active carrier and stabilizer for skin care and fine fragrance formulations. Through inclusion complex formation it can also act as an active booster and stabilizer.
- Firming agent
- Long-lasting fragrance enhancer
- Light degradation stabilizer