The new book “Electrospun Nanofibres: Materials, Methods, and Applications” edited by Chandrasekar Muthukumar, Senthilkumar Krishnasamy, Senthil Muthu Kumar Thiagamani and Mariyappan Shanmugam is expected to be published by CRC Press on Dec. 5, 2023.
Electrospinning is a versatile method to synthesize fiber materials. Electrospun Nanofibres: Materials, Methods, and Applications explores the technical aspects of electrospinning methods used to derive a wide range of functional fiber materials and their applications in various technical sectors. As electrospinning is a process that can be modified strategically to achieve different fibers of interest, this book covers the wide spectrum of electrospinning methodologies, such as coaxial, triaxial, emulsion, suspension, electrolyte and gas-assisted spinning processes. It:
- • Discusses a broad range of materials, including synthetic polymers, biodegradable polymers, metals and their oxides, hybrid materials, nonpolymers, and more.
- • Reviews different electrospinning methods and combined technologies.
- • Describes process-related parameters and their influence on material properties and performance.
- • Examines modeling of the electrospinning process.
- • Highlights applications across different industries.
This book is aimed at researchers, professionals, and advanced students in materials science and engineering.