The yearly exhibition, conference and partnering event of the Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO), will be held between June 10-11 and June 14-18 digitally, it is named BIO Digital as last year.
There will be some interesting keynote presentations:
- Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla will talk about the response for COVID-19 on June 14th at10am EDT
- At a fireside chat Julie Gerberding from Merck will talk with Anthony Fauci about how to end the HIV/AIDS pandemic. The discussion will take place on June 14th at 4pm EDT
- Director-General of the World Trade Organization, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala will talk about her leadership priorities regarding COVID-19 vaccines, support for free trade area and better market access, commenting on the critical debate on the IP rights. She will talk on June 15th at 8:00 EDT
- At a fireside chat with Richard N. Haass, President of Council on Foreign Relations we will hear about the pandemic, how diseases no do obey national borders and how science succeeds through international collaboration on June 15th at10am EDT
- Nobel laureate Jennifer Doudna will tell about her career path, which lead her to the development of CRISPR-Cas9 and the impact of her discovery on June 16th at10am EDT
- Biogen CEO Michel Vounatsos will talk about breaking barriers to corporate responsibility on June 17th at10am EDT.
Almost 3000 companies (as of today 2979) will be present at the partnering event with over 5000 delegates.
The main cyclodextrin manufacturing companies present will be Cyclolab and Ligand, Wacker will be present with the Biotech division.